Author Topic: HL2RP Outland Char's  (Read 6550 times)

resistance0123

HL2RP Outland Char's
« on: December 11, 2011, 03:20:32 PM »
Apparently I found out that if any of my chars go to the outlands then they can't get back to the city. There were no warnings whatsoever when I joined the server and I only played on the city server.

I need help putting the outland chars back to the city, it was my first time I went to outlands, I wanted to try it out. Now all my char's gotta' be restarted in the city.

The chars are:
Wyatt Chang
Johnny Kipp
Bobby Chun
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 11:12:06 AM by resistance0123 »

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: HL2RP Outland Char's
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 03:38:40 PM »
I... I don't get what your trying to say...?

Did you actually join Outlands and begin to play on your characters? If you did, you will not be able to bring them back to the city.

Or

Are you trying to say that there was a glitch that moved them over somehow.

resistance0123

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 04:16:09 PM »
I mean that I went in the Outlands the first time, thinking that I would still be able to go back into the city server. There was no warning and now I can't get back. I've really worked hard on my char's specifically for the city, now that I just went into the outlands, all the work is ruined.

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 04:23:33 PM »
I mean that I went in the Outlands the first time, thinking that I would still be able to go back into the city server. There was no warning and now I can't get back. I've really worked hard on my char's specifically for the city, now that I just went into the outlands, all the work is ruined.

Well, first of all. How would they get back into the city? ICly of course. And second of all, it's been said MANY times that you can't go back :P

resistance0123

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 06:19:30 PM »
No it hasn't said anything, either way I couldn't make it back ICly because I'm out OOCly. I joined as if it was the city server, no warnings, pop-ups, anything.

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 06:22:06 PM »
Wait, so... You did acknowledge that you were in the Outlands server? Or did the city server end up being the Outlands server?

Offline agrum

• Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 09:01:18 AM »
Yeah, sorry dude. There was several warnings on the forums that you would not be able to bring them back.

resistance0123

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2011, 03:07:53 PM »
There were NO warnings on the forums, I don't see em' at all. Where would you possibly be able to find them? This might even be a problem for people who don't even go on the forums. Thing is, the outlands server never gave me ANY sort of warning whatsoever, and I doubt the forums has this information. Forums don't have information, forums have discussions and arguments.

Offline Kom????k

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2011, 03:20:36 PM »
There were NO warnings on the forums, I don't see em' at all. Where would you possibly be able to find them? This might even be a problem for people who don't even go on the forums. Thing is, the outlands server never gave me ANY sort of warning whatsoever, and I doubt the forums has this information. Forums don't have information, forums have discussions and arguments.

http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5757.0

Offline Ghosteh

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2011, 03:32:22 PM »
Wait...you went on and loaded all your characters...why didn't you just load one?

Offline Kom????k

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2011, 03:44:51 PM »
I'll go ahead and just post once more for everyone here..

Stop asking the guy so many questions, he explained what he did in his first post,

As to getting your character's back into the City server, either wait for an admin to check out this thread,
or approach one and ask them about it/direct them to this thread.

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2011, 04:07:23 PM »

Stop asking the guy so many questions, he explained what he did in his first post,

As to getting your character's back into the City server, either wait for an admin to check out this thread,

This, although an admin wouldn't really do anything... It's been said that it's your fault if you go to outlands.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 04:05:01 PM by ChristmasBluff1405 »

Offline Ryan

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2011, 04:32:10 PM »
your best bet is to take this into your own hands, keep your logs and just recreate your character. So what, the only thing you'll lose is a few tokens.
Character Status:

Citizen Forname: Anthony
Citizen Surname: Delgrosso
Citizen Identification: 56514
Citizen Status: Healthy
Faction: Loyalist (Unemployed)

resistance0123

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2011, 09:46:25 AM »
your best bet is to take this into your own hands, keep your logs and just recreate your character. So what, the only thing you'll lose is a few tokens.

I'm not going to "lose a few tokens". That's 700 tokens in a citizen account WITHOUT the aid of a CP char.

This, although an admin wouldn't really do anything... It's been said that it's your fault if you go to outlands.

It's my fault, it's also my accident. Please, I'm telling you that it was accidental.

Wait...you went on and loaded all your characters...why didn't you just load one?

I uploaded all 3 in order to check on my stats, because I thought there was a difference on it between the city and outlands server.

http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5757.0

I only go on the suggestions, it was overall just an accident. I don't think anyone expects me to go roaming into the general tabs or anywhere else in the forums, especially because most people just pick the stuff on the first page.

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2011, 09:53:55 AM »
You might get your char back into city. List your char name, about when it happend and wait for a Super Admin to see this. Only SA+ can use the outlands-to-city char command

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal