Author Topic: Pc wont be getting Gta 5  (Read 5237 times)

Offline L3GO-Barry

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Pc wont be getting Gta 5
« on: December 05, 2012, 07:47:28 AM »
News is out that Gta v wont be on pc because of the amount of people that pirated gta iv heres some more info just watch the first half.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPOJA_d_kig" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPOJA_d_kig</a>
what do you think?
Hi im ben trollen im from Microsoft IM BANNING -_- If abortion is murder, blowjobs are cannibalism

Offline connall

• LUA Monkey
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Pc wont be getting Gta 5
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 08:39:29 AM »
Interesting. Not good enough.

The key thing is the use of the word "probably", yes we can discuss whether GTA V will come out for the PC or not but this is all just speculation and the only person who can say yay or nay to the PC version is Rockstar themselves. Rockstars are quite the dicks when it comes to the PC version of there games and the guy seems to be jumping to conclusions rather than backing it up with actual facts.

Also the line about "The PC community have only themselves to blame." is rather arrogant and rubs me up the wrong way. Whether piracy has affected R* decision for a PC version of the game is really rather unknown, and even if it is, it might have something to do with that stupid ass piece of shit known as Games for Windows Live which is barely functioning on the best of days and can outright block you from your games on the worst of days. The social club wasn't much better for it either as than didn't really run all that well. The port shall we not forget was a bug ridden mess that many computers couldn't actually play because it was not optimised properly.

If R* really want to blame piracy as to why it's not coming to PC, perhaps they should of looked at their own product before releasing it to the PC audience.

Right to get to the point, R* has said nothing so I have no interest in speculation or gossip unless it's a firm word from R* themselves. I doubt PC piracy would be blamed for the reason for it not coming to the PC but I don't know because I don't work there.

Edit: Yes we can blame Rockstar or Take two because at the end of the day they are the ones who decide to release it. I also don't like the fact he makes a sweeping generalisation as if the whole PC community pirated the game, I didn't and I know friends who didn't either.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 08:44:40 AM by connall »

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 09:18:31 AM »
Lol not for PC because pirates? Brb downloading emulator and pirate game.

Problem, anti pirates?

<::[[ Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2 ]]::>
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 09:31:04 AM »
Heh. Of course the game is gonna come out on PC.

Don't believe everything you hear, when its not from official sources.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 10:42:42 AM »

Problem, anti pirates?

You can't emulate an xbox 360 or a PS3, stop thinking you can please.

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 11:22:30 AM »

Problem, anti pirates?

You can't emulate an xbox 360 or a PS3, stop thinking you can please.
You say you cant emulate, but you can certainly still pirate and get illegal copies of games and used them on 360's and ps3's, therefore still doing the same thing as what PC pirates are doing.
what

Offline hogs

• [LOOC] Shane West: cash first.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2012, 03:21:15 AM »
you watch champchong and believe that everything he says is true when really all he says is lies & bullshit for money
if rockstar don't want to release it to pc because of pirates, there are many others who will buy the game on pc which = $$$ to R*

and yes you can still get illegal copies of gta5 on xbox & gaystation

Offline Psycho29388

• Maximum Autism
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2012, 12:16:08 PM »
I don't have to watch the video to know this is retarded bullshit.

Rockstar will port GTA V and release it 6 months or so after the console release, they did this with pretty much every other GTA.

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2012, 06:40:57 PM »
Not suprised. The relationship between PC users and Rockstar, or vice versa, has been rather..... sour.
5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline Sean Archer

• I do love me some titty sprinkles...
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2012, 08:21:20 PM »
I am pretty sure PC would get GTA V. About June'ish (Forgot exactly) Max Payne 3 was released by R* on PC and it was released on the same day as console (I think anyway, don't quote me on it.)

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2012, 10:33:13 PM »
So where's Red Dead Redemption on the PC then?

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2012, 02:09:24 PM »
Hmm. According to the website, the rumors might be true.

By the look of it, it says xbox and PS3. It doesn't say anything about the PC. But on the 2 other releases, it mentions PC as well.

It could be because its going out on ps3 and xbox first, then a few weeks later on the PC. I would still not trust video rumors. But still at many stores, you can pre-order it for PC. Even one of the biggest internet stores in Denmark has it for pre-order on the PC. And they are usually correct with their information. I'll wait for official information :)
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline OwenCobs

• #1 Muslim
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2012, 02:22:44 PM »
It will be exactly the same as the previous gta games. They focus on the consoles because that is their main market. Then about 6-8 months down the line they will make a half arsed port for the pc. Nobody needs to cry about it because Rockstar hasn't said they aren't doing it they just said they are focused on consoles at the moment.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal