Author Topic: The Outlands' Inn (Downtime Roleplay Thread)  (Read 87457 times)

Offline Dixon

• I do everything LIKE A BOSS
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The Outlands' Inn (Downtime Roleplay Thread)
« Reply #180 on: November 04, 2012, 08:03:47 PM »
Snatch replies to the woman on the radio:

Thank god, It didn't hit anyone, Oh and the "bug" is friendly, Leave it be."

Offline Elions

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #181 on: November 04, 2012, 08:10:11 PM »
Eli groans lightly as the dial presses, not reacting much to the first few dials, but experiencing some progressive pain as the dials continue to move

It can't be that bad, Simon... I mean, what's the worst that'll hapen, I'll have to keep from using my hand a week or so right?

Joanna sighs in relief as Humper isn't hit, taking her PDA and putting it back on her equipment straps, letting it rest to the right side of her chest. Darius keeps quiet for the moment, having done his work with the Radio.

Well... Now what?

Offline Darkshifter98

• Flipper of Elephants
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #182 on: November 04, 2012, 08:12:52 PM »
After a moment, the tiny headcrab comes racing inside after it seems to be able to recover enough to move, it huddles under a nearby coffee table in the lobby, seeking refuge from any evil pointy lasers of death. Still shaking as he remains under the table.
\\\"Hold right bumper to flip... wait, what? How did you do that?\\\"

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #183 on: November 04, 2012, 08:18:21 PM »
Jennifer continues to lay on the bed, groaning slightly in pain. She ignores what transpires over the finishing course of the fog, but knows when it finishes. She sighs in some form of relief, turning her gaze to the others in the room.

Hey, does someone mind fetching my bow and axe. They're by the front door...

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Zail

• Weird Gurl Nr.1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #184 on: November 04, 2012, 08:23:57 PM »
Let's her eyes roll, sighing lightly, displeased by the ordering male. She reaches back down on her vest, pressing the button in.

"Just so you know it, I don't take orders."

She pushes herself back up, letting the pressure on the button ease after she finished her sentence. She turns around, carrying the rifle in her arms, back to her cover, laying the rifle back down on the bedroll.

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #185 on: November 04, 2012, 08:44:27 PM »
Beans grabs his radio as he pops open a beer, You don't gotta take orders, but don't fuckin' shoot when someone says not to, it's common fuckin' courtesy.

Beans takes a sip from his beer, eyeing the guard's carcass and grabbing his radio once more. Anyone want to help me move this thing onto my car and outta the valley? The thing is blockin' the fuckin' doorway.
Frolie [Tray is Krogan]: sup bra
Tray [Isn't Krogan]: not much panties

« Reply #186 on: November 04, 2012, 09:43:34 PM »
Thomas hops over the railing on the second story and landing feet first on the hardwood flooring under legs compressing as he lands taking up most of the impact.
Slowly he walks around the few dead bugs and looks at the guard, then at Eli.

Oi, this time is free, next time, I'm charging.
Thomas chuckles and goes up to Beans saying
Heard you lot were mercs, is this true?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 09:45:06 PM by The Doctor, RIP Juggernaut »
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #187 on: November 04, 2012, 09:51:21 PM »
Beans spun around on his stool, taking another swig from the bottle, Yeah, but we hardly get contracted, but with winter ridin' up on us, the supply rush might earn me an' my boys some bananas, since most folks are too chicken shit to leave the valley.

Offline Egf_Adam

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #188 on: November 05, 2012, 07:08:54 AM »
Beef walks up to Beans smiling for once.

Got any more of those?

Beef looks better, no doubt he found his rations. He slumps down next to Beans, asking

Where'd you think Meaty ran off to?
"If horses could draw, they would draw their gods like horses." - Xenophanes

Offline Dixon

• I do everything LIKE A BOSS
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #189 on: November 05, 2012, 10:02:44 AM »
Snatch walks outside and says to Beans:

Hey Beans, The Guard, You wanna move it then?

Offline turhral=S=C=

• FAHKING
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #190 on: November 05, 2012, 10:05:17 AM »
Out of Character for OOC:
Rewinding to when I got out of the basement.

As Ori heads up the stairs, he sees the headcrab squeeking at him, making a thumbs up to him. He gets out of the basement, sees the rubble that's going on. Ori decides to help everybody else, even that he is very low on ammo.
He sees everyone fighting antlions, plus another one which is upside down, aims at it, and fires the whole 12 bullets towards it in one burst.
The 5 first shots hit the antlion directly in its stomach, badly injuring it. However, the other 7 shots miss due to the recoil, as he did not thinked about it. The antlion dies a few moments later due to its pain.
Ori then heads back into the basement, closing the door behind him.

Present time, just after Challenge shot 34370.

Ori hears the chatter on the radio, coming out of the basement in a hurry, worrying about the little headcrab.
He comes outside the Inn, hearing the loud shot, barely sees the headcrab due to the dust. He then hears the loud sound it makes, holding his ears, but smilin a bit.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 11:28:12 PM by turhral=S=C= [1-03] »
We shall bring HL2RP back.
We must.

Offline Elions

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #191 on: November 05, 2012, 01:54:10 PM »
I do hope no one minds, but i will timeskip so we can avoid the cleaning up for now.

A couple of hours pass, with the storm finally passing by, leaving room for a clear sky. There are still areas that are flooded by the sheer ammount of rain that fell onto the valley during the storm, and the river is still overflowing, but there are now more "safe" locations to go to. Beans' cottage is now clear of water, but the road there is muddy and slippery, making it a serious risk to go there by car. The Antlions have been cleared out, and a couple hundred meters away from the town, people can see the burrow where some of them came from, if anyone wants a logical reason as to why they attacked they would have to start there. For now however, the valley remains in a strange state of quietness, relaxed even.

Offline Zail

• Weird Gurl Nr.1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #192 on: November 05, 2012, 02:24:27 PM »
Scouts over the valley from her position, looking over the damage of which the storm caused. Shortly after, during her search, she notices the small burrow in the distance. Already being interested in antlions, attempting to gain knowledge on them, she quickly gathers her items, slinging the rifle onto her back and holsters her pistol and her machinegun.

”I’m coming for you and this time, you won’t take me by surprise.”

She reaches down to her right leg, moaning slightly as she feels the bite scar, which was given to her not long ago by antlions coming from around the valley, possible  coming from the same burrow. She makes sure everything is in a working order, before she crawls down from her spot and starts sneaking through the forest, closing up on the burrow in the distance. At each step, she listens, not wanting to be ambushed by a sudden foe. She keeps her pistol in her left hand, yet the safety is still flicked on.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Mostly I don't care about the timeskip. Makes it a bit easier instead of spam of posts, saying they clean up the shithole.

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #193 on: November 05, 2012, 02:58:22 PM »
Beans and his helpers finish pushing the guard from his car and down the mountain side near the destroyed bunker. The oversized guardian tumbles down, some of it's natural armor cracking to pieces as it smashes into various rocks. As it reached the bottom of the cliff several hundred feet down, Beans lights up a cigarette, nodding.

Welp. Time to get back to the inn I s'pose.

Whoever came to help me (3 people maximum) respond.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 03:00:18 PM by Cpl. Tray [22nd AB NA] [MP] »

Offline Elions

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #194 on: November 05, 2012, 03:12:15 PM »
Joanna stretches her back lightly after they slide the Guard off the cliff, looking at Beans and his pack of cigarretes

I don't suppose you could spare one for me, could you Beans?

One of the PDA projectors glows lightly as she says that, almost as if Darius was against the idea of her smoking. she tries (shoddily) to cover the light after she asks

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal