Author Topic: S2M Rule Clarification  (Read 26247 times)

Offline Badubis

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: S2M Rule Clarification
« Reply #90 on: May 24, 2011, 02:30:18 PM »
Just to go completely back to the first point of the topic and showing complete disregard for anything else that has been posted on the 6 pages of thread (;D). Shoot to miss is a roleplay term that I've been awefully in shit standing with over the past 5 years of me roleplaying, seriously. It's something you can't enforce, it's something that you can't give a clear description for or put definite terms down for. Shoot to miss is something that has to be felt, 'when you feel it is right', 'when you think you can shoot to hit', etcetera, except that noone thinks alike. And whenever a party thinks they're right to shoot and hit the other starts complaining, yadayadayada. I think we all know the deal.

The only and actual way to get shoot to miss battles is to set the gun's accuracy ridiculously bad (say 1 meter spread at perhaps even 10 meters distance, of course with a fair chance of about 0.3 for the shot to be exactly on spot for pistols, 0.4 for SMGs, 0.5 for rifles, snipers a 0.9 chance of it being on spot, etc). Well fuck, mate, that's going to need some changes in the script! Yep. Yep it does.

Offline lemonshit

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #91 on: May 24, 2011, 03:56:51 PM »
Hyper, if you really want to be mature. Just go along with doing it over. Being immature and throwing 'Fuck' around isn't going to solve this problem.

Sidenote, When you have a post and forgot to mention something or want to say something else, edit your post, enter a few times and do 'Edit:' and then what you have to say, instead of doubleposting.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: May 24, 2011, 04:17:49 PM »
Were there any PK's? Items confiscated? If so return them and void the situation.

Offline Arkaeth

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: May 24, 2011, 04:33:56 PM »
Hyper, if you really want to be mature. Just go along with doing it over. Being immature and throwing 'Fuck' around isn't going to solve this problem.

Implying that I'm being immature or throwing "fuck" around.
"In ancient times, men built wonders, laid claim to the stars and sought to better themselves for the good of all. But we are much wiser now."

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: May 24, 2011, 04:37:37 PM »
Answer my question. This topic will be locked when someone does. Final verdict.

Offline Arkaeth

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: May 24, 2011, 04:39:35 PM »
Answer my question. This topic will be locked when someone does. Final verdict.

PK's were handed out, and we took what they dropped after the fight. I'll destroy the guns and let an admin deal with re-imbursing people, but this doesn't solve the void / re-do situation. Are we re-doing everything, or voiding the whole situation?
"In ancient times, men built wonders, laid claim to the stars and sought to better themselves for the good of all. But we are much wiser now."

Offline JoshB

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: May 24, 2011, 06:29:06 PM »
SOLUTION HERE: We do not void it. We change a small amount of the RP. Instead of sitting around and shooting at us, you guys RAN AWAY! Then we can finish up any time. No redo required! Post if you agree and it will be official.
Spoiler for Hiden:
And Hyper won't bitch about his character being in danger
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 06:36:12 PM by CIS.JoshB ?jonnysnotparis? »
[CG-SA]Toy4x4funrun: When guns are involved RP = basicly void
lolwut?

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: May 24, 2011, 06:43:28 PM »
I support the above solution.
Seems reasonable and doesn't induce awkward IC problems if the whole thing is voided.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 06:55:54 PM by YankeeSamurai »
o7

Offline Arkaeth

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: May 24, 2011, 06:55:00 PM »
That sounds alright to me.

Offline JoshB

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: May 24, 2011, 07:03:07 PM »
It is announced! The good people of Catalyst have come to a decision on this problem! Let us locketh this thread!
lolwut?

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: May 24, 2011, 07:08:18 PM »
After being informed of the situation, I did not realize it was a rabel <-> rebel fight. I thought it was CP <-> rebel. CP's cannot be PK'd in PK zones which is unfair for autopk. However, a rebel to rebel fight changes my ideas.

Void my thoughts about the incident but remember the S2M things I made.

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: May 24, 2011, 07:08:45 PM »
Nothing will be voided. All characters who were PKed will remain PKed.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline JoshB

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: May 24, 2011, 07:09:52 PM »
And you give no reasoning why?
lolwut?

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: May 24, 2011, 07:11:12 PM »
And you give no reasoning why?
I couldn't witness the situation for myself and all of the stories are contradicting. I can't give a proper verdict when I'm getting 20 different stories.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline JoshB

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: May 24, 2011, 07:12:40 PM »
Then void the situation if you are getting twenty different stories. I shouldn't just stay unfairly PKed.
lolwut?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal