Author Topic: Violet Collins and Her White Truck  (Read 2039 times)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Violet Collins and Her White Truck
« on: August 04, 2012, 04:05:44 AM »
//(OOC) Before you read, this has already been authorized by Kronic so sit back and enjoy the story.

0700h August 3rd, 2017

Violet Collins had been planning on creating a little organization that provides free meals to those in the outlands who need it. However, in order to do this, she needed food and lots of it. She couldn't quite figure out how she would be able to find that much food and bring it back safely and securely. She had decided she would go on a hike to the surrounding valleys to try and find some food to scavenge.

1400h August 3rd, 2017

Violet had been searching all day. She checked vehicles, houses, crates, and just on the side of the road. She was beginning to lose hope and was contemplating calling it a day and returning to the pass. Especially considering her legs and feet were sore from walking for so long.

1530h August 3rd, 2017

Violet came across an old weather station. She checked the kitchen and found some canned food, but there wasnt much. She was feeling a bit hungry though and decided to take a few, cracking one open to eat in the weather station.

1800h August 3rd, 2017

Violet had finished her lunch and carried on down the road. She came across an overturned cargo truck which had the door cracked open a bit. She could see the label of a food container through the crack so she decided to open up the entire container to see what was inside. To her surprise, it was an entire shipment of canned and freeze dried foods which would last for decades. She knew this was what she would go to for her food organization. She wondered to herself how she would get this food to ineu.

2100h August 3rd, 2017

Violet had finished examining the pile of food. She found hundreds of cans of beans and soup as well as many packages of noodles, granola bars, and crackers. The sun was heading down so she headed for the forest to spend the night. She created a little camp fire to fend off the cold and got some much needed sleep.

0600h August 4th, 2017

Violet awoke to the sun shining on her cheek. The fire had died out completely so there was no need to worry about it. She got up and headed off, looking for a way to bring the food back to the pass. She decided to head down deeper into the valley to an old town.

0900h August 3rd, 2016

Violet found the truck in a barn at the edge of the town. It was a small quarter ton white utility truck with lock boxes in the back. The tires were in relatively good condition with a few dents and nicks from driving on gravel roads. The paint was also in fairly good condition with only a few scratches by the door and back end of the truck. There was a crack in the windshield, however it wasn't really big enough to be serious.

She found the keys on a desk off to the side of the barn. The truck was being stored for the winter of 2015 so there was conditioner in the tank, keeping the fuel in usable condition. She climbed inside the truck and looked around inside. The upholstery was also in good condition. A few cigarette burns here and there and years of dust, however there wasn't any damage. The truck had  62,637 miles on the odometer which meant it would still last for thousands more miles.

She turned the key to the ignition. After a few rounds of turning the engine over, it started to life. Bells rang inside reminding Violet to put on her seat belt. She smiled, sitting back in the truck. The gas gauge was at the 3/4 mark which could take her home and possibly find more fuel. Violet hopped out, pushing the big barn door open. She drove out, destined for the cargo truck.

1200h August 3rd, 2016

Violet arrived at the cargo truck roughly 15 minutes after leaving the barn. She hopped out and began filling the rear with boxes and containers, stacking as much on as she possibly could. She found a rope and rolled up blue canvas tarp she could use to secure the load. After checking to make sure everything was tied down and nothing would move, she got back into the truck and headed for the Ineu mountain.

End

The Mysterious Stranger

Re: Violet Collins and Her White Truck
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 05:10:07 AM »
 so what is the point of this?

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 11:02:02 AM »
I like to write stories for things I do that aren't in game. Honestly this is a part of serious RP...

rant

What really pisses me off is when people say they do this and they do that but dont actually roleplay it. Like donating for a vest or a gun or something. They can just say "yeah i got it off a dead guy back in nam'" but they dont provide a story. Immersion and roleplaying goes much smoother when you write a story for it. Someone asks what the condtion of the truck is in. I already made that. Someone asks where I found it. Again, I made that. Its easier to come back and see what you did to get said object when you write a story. If you dont write a story, it can even be considered asspulling cause you havent predefined the characteristics of the object.

/rant

Oh and writing stories is fun and not doing it is like drawing a portrait and leaving out the persons eyes. Something is missing...

Offline swag master spiderman

• Grand Wizard of the KKK
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 12:59:21 PM »
I like this, it's different to most of the IC threads as this had some nice little well made pictures to go with it. Also, it didn't go into fucktons of detail over unnecessary stuff.

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 01:03:43 PM »
What a story Statua, I have to ask, is this an in-game thing you have? If so, that's pretty badass.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2012, 01:19:41 PM »
Yes. Violet has a truck now.

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2012, 03:47:05 PM »
 Quite the nice thread. Not much people do this.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal