Author Topic: file format for spray with transparent background  (Read 3470 times)

Offline Inv??Gir

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
file format for spray with transparent background
« on: February 15, 2012, 01:32:24 AM »
ok so i want to make my self a cool spray but i want to make with transparent background
what the format i need to use??

and thanks for the help:)

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: file format for spray with transparent background
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 06:37:30 AM »
To make the background transperant, im pretty sure that is something you do in the picture editing program (photoshop, gimp).

Oh and when converting, remember to use UnlitGeneric for the vmf file (assuming you know how to convert the spray).
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline Inv??Gir

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 07:03:45 AM »
oh ok thanks;)

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 07:37:45 AM »
Just make it into a vtf and import it, also it would be best to scale the image to around 256x256.

Go into tools, selections, then select the fuzzy select tool. Then press on the backround to have it selected. Then press delete, scale, and export. Profit.

Also this works best with white backrounds...

Offline Inv??Gir

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 07:43:33 AM »
to make it transparent is not a problem
but i did once on png and its didnt worked,instead transparent its made me a white bg
but if you say vtf file so its not a problem

Offline Lewis

• Hey Restart Outlands
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 11:32:56 AM »
You have to make it so that the thing you want the spray to be is on another layer, and I believe you can just erase around it (you could do this easily in a minute, but it'd probably take longer for all the fine details(IMO it's easy as hell)) and if there's white and grey checkered squares instead of white, that should work (it works for me on Paint.NET).

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 05:28:11 AM »
Well, I could make a tutorial video if anyone is having trouble with this.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal