Author Topic: The Retard Rank (and other new ranks)  (Read 10820 times)

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The Retard Rank (and other new ranks)
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2011, 07:45:18 PM »
Also i think the 'Overlord' rank is nothing more than an ego-move. How about HoA since that is basically what an 'Overlord' is in the feudal system. Seems more professional.
Because it isn't a head of administration, simple as. Overlord has no verdict on the administration team.
As for the downie/retard ranks, I'll remove them as people are taking them the wrong way. They're meant as jokes.
I also agree that these ranks serve no purpose. But, they are also offensive to those of us who know autistic people.  Its a serious thing and people think it's a mere joke.
Autism =/= retardation/downs
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2011, 08:26:11 PM »
Why changing the SA name? 99% of all rankings (not just on gmod but everywhere) it's called super-admin. Everyone is known with that name, and everyone knows what it means.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2011, 08:27:54 PM »
Why changing the SA name? 99% of all rankings (not just on gmod but everywhere) it's called super-admin. Everyone is known with that name, and everyone knows what it means.

Is it a crime to be slightly different from other communities?
o7

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2011, 06:00:32 AM »

Is it a crime to be slightly different from other communities?

No, but your idea is to be more professional with a different name. I really don't see anything wrong with the name Superadmin, so how would a different name be any more professional? It only causes more confusion as if you change it, it's an unknown name for most of the playerbase. Aka IMO changing the name would only be less professional.
Understand my point now?
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2011, 07:55:30 AM »
I also agree that these ranks serve no purpose. But, they are also offensive to those of us who know autistic people.  Its a serious thing and people think it's a mere joke.
Autism =/= retardation/downs

Uh, wrong sir. Not all people with autism fall under the criteria to be "mentally retarded" ( which is a politically correct term today ). The people you see online with autism usually have a_spergers which is the lowest disorder on the autism spectrum. THEY do not fall under the criteria to be "mentally retarded." However, those with a_spergers only make up somewhere from 30-40% of the population with autism.

/nazi
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 07:57:36 AM by Nikolai »
Live free or die

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2011, 11:25:25 AM »
@Nikolai
In layman's terms, autism is a mental defect which retardation and downs also fall under.

My input? Just makes the community look more childish then it is. There already is a major factor, we don't need another. Jokes? You think that's funny? What about that kid with the mental defect who sees it. Is it funny any more? I don't think so.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2011, 12:49:23 PM »
@Nikolai
In layman's terms, autism is a mental defect which retardation and downs also fall under.

My input? Just makes the community look more childish then it is. There already is a major factor, we don't need another. Jokes? You think that's funny? What about that kid with the mental defect who sees it. Is it funny any more? I don't think so.

Exactly. New players who really have a mental defect will think they would get a special rank because of their deceases. They won't feel welcome and probably leave again.

Offline lemonshit

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2011, 01:24:50 PM »
I really don't like the name Overlord. It just sounds like an elitist person trying to take over the community, and doing whatever he wants just because he's Overlord.

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2011, 01:26:13 PM »
I really don't like the name Overlord. It just sounds like an elitist person trying to take over the community, and doing whatever he wants just because he's Overlord.

I originally suggested the rank to be Supervisor. I was told it sounded too professional.
Live free or die

Offline lemonshit

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2011, 01:29:12 PM »
Well IMO, Overlord is just a rank to say that he's better and more powerful than everyone in the community except the Owner. He just does things that a regular Admin wouldn't do, like going around killing all the other CP's in the nexus, or just setting his rank to whatever he wants in the CCA because he can. There's only one other person to stop him.

« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2011, 01:59:21 PM »
Well, the DJ rank has a purpose, its to tell those who is a DJ and theres actually a purpose/function for DJs to have.  With this retard rank, it is nothing but something stupid, i don't even know how to explain it.  Theres just no point in this rank at all.  Also, why would you make catalyst-gaming worse by adding these ranks in the first place?  Also, you said if it was for attention whores, half the server/community would have the rank.  Well regular people can't give them the rank now can they?  So this should be removed asap.
Why did you leave Trial DJ out.
Thanks...

Edit:

Fucked up idea.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 02:01:21 PM by Martiner »

Offline cookiesofamerica

• I'm the american cookie motherfucker!
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2011, 06:25:43 PM »
I find retard and downs offensive because I was diagnosed with autism
I Am The Living Coookie!
C17.S4L.04.864 Does projects I guess
UU.OTA.VANGUARD.56294- Does OTA stuff I guess
Alexander Burton- prays in the outlands and is from the Eastern Orthodox church.
Calvin Dufresne- I have no idea what he does

Offline lemonshit

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2011, 07:21:14 PM »

Offline GNU?Brandon

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2011, 07:51:55 PM »
As a veteran on the internet I have kinda become immune to Austism jokes and stuff, but this is dumb.

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2011, 08:42:19 AM »
The retard and down syndrome ranks has been removed therefor im locking this thread.

There is no need to change any other rank and if they where to change, it would be discussed by Rofl and RTLK.

Locked.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal