Author Topic: How to fix minges. (Stauta Supports.)  (Read 9002 times)

Offline TorrentGamer ?Romney2012

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
How to fix minges. (Stauta Supports.)
« on: July 11, 2011, 11:36:50 PM »
I had this thread up some time ago but it died out. I told Stauta one day on his 399 character about it and said for me to bring it back up and that he/she supports it. So here it is:

Most of the time it seems like 80% of minges are new people. On my old 303 character I got, "i am new can u help me?" WAY too much. So why not make us a 5-10 minute video you are required to watch when you first join? (Right after you pass that quiz.) It doesn't need to much fancy animation, maybe just a slideshow even! Just make it nice with maybe some voices. And tah-dah, you have a way that could help defeat the "new people" minges. If you think about it, the first time you played HL2RP ever you probbly minged around not knowing what to do. I did the first time I joined HL2RP.

REMEMBER, STAUTA SAID THAT HE/SHE +SUPPORT this!
\\r\\ncolor annoys me, barely anyone is black, unlike last year\\r\\n
\\r\\n\\r\\n

meamm

Re: How to fix minges. (Stauta Supports.)
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 12:02:09 AM »
i think that's a great idea!  a must.  i joined not too long ago (today :D) and had no idea what you were supposed to do or what there was to do or how to do anything.  and i can't lie.  when I joined this morning, i definitely minged, but now i know so much more and don't. ANYWAY. great idea, i love it.  a must for this server.

Offline chunkeymonkey79

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 12:04:25 AM »
This could be implemented, however we have several ideas about what to do to fix new players.
<::|| HL2RP Characters ||::>

C18.CCA.APEX-DvL.040
Taking it easy as the DvL of the best division.

Derek Hampson
Wandering around C18, mentally confused.

Kendra Shawkins
Unknown Location, last seen diving into a body of water.

UU.OTA.PHANTOM-1.11590
On a rooftop, cloaked and sniper in hand.

ATTEMPTING TO ACCESS CHARACTER DATA..RESTRICTED..

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 12:12:24 AM »
This could be implemented, however we have several ideas about what to do to fix new players.

Yes, but I think this is one that can take a big chunk out of our "new" minges.

Besides, I don't want to see, "Just take time and teach them." Because a video could do that and save RP time and turn others into good RPers.
\\r\\n\\r\\n

meamm

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 12:16:32 AM »

Yes, but I think this is one that can take a big chunk out of our "new" minges.

Besides, I don't want to see, "Just take time and teach them." Because a video could do that and save RP time and turn others into good RPers.

Totally agree.  Oh and by the way, do you fellas know why I'm not seeing the server on the server list in-game after I was DCed?

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 12:44:30 AM »
So I support this. Don't make a big deal about it lol. I feel used... But yeah its a good idea.

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 02:46:06 AM »
Sorry Statua but YOU make a huge impact. You are a well known ADMIN on HL2RP. So this works out well.  :D
\\r\\n\\r\\n

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2011, 12:18:01 PM »
I love the idea, please implement it ASAP, and if people still minge, they don't have an excuse. +Support
Frolie [Tray is Krogan]: sup bra
Tray [Isn't Krogan]: not much panties

Offline Nuke

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2011, 12:29:04 PM »
- support ( for now )

Well I can't support this for 2 reasons.

One: The minge or troll would just get up from his computer and do something else while the video runs.

Two: The minge could use there browser to watch or flame someone else. ( Even the ingame browser could do this as well ).

I would support it if you can come up with a way to do it so that have to watch it.

Maybe like a quiz or something.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2011, 12:35:02 PM »
why not help them you self

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2011, 02:56:00 PM »
- support ( for now )

Well I can't support this for 2 reasons.

One: The minge or troll would just get up from his computer and do something else while the video runs.

Two: The minge could use there browser to watch or flame someone else. ( Even the ingame browser could do this as well ).

I would support it if you can come up with a way to do it so that have to watch it.

Maybe like a quiz or something.

Yeah you don't get what this is for. A good ammount of our minges/trolls are people that just don't want to do. And we can't just scout new people out because 90% of the time they have caused minge kaos or are banned. In other words its JUST helps the new people. Like I said, pretty sure all of us have came from DarkRP and have NO CLUE what to do.
\\r\\n\\r\\n

Offline Highdef

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2011, 05:42:59 PM »
Who in the right mind would connect to a server that forced you to watch 5 - 10 minutes of a video before playing? It's only a minority of people who join and have absolutely no idea what this is all about. A lot of new people would just get it within a small time frame. However, new people joining this kind of server is very rarely a majority; it only seems like it because you encounter them more frequently.

Point is, if I were forced to watch a video upon joining a server, I would just disconnect and never come back. I'm sure I speak for the majority when I say this.

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2011, 06:14:01 PM »
Who in the right mind would connect to a server that forced you to watch 5 - 10 minutes of a video before playing? It's only a minority of people who join and have absolutely no idea what this is all about. A lot of new people would just get it within a small time frame. However, new people joining this kind of server is very rarely a majority; it only seems like it because you encounter them more frequently.

Point is, if I were forced to watch a video upon joining a server, I would just disconnect and never come back. I'm sure I speak for the majority when I say this.

Have you SEEN the minges at about 8:00PM! They clusterfuck a CP all day! It is worth a shot. Why do minges become minges? They don't know what to do or they just like getting banned. Either way this takes care of a good ammount of trolling for the people that do not know what to do. And I think, "HL2RP in 5 minutes." Is perfect.
\\r\\n\\r\\n

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2011, 06:19:35 PM »
A video, as Highdef said, would just make people leave.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2011, 06:19:52 PM »

Live free or die

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal