Author Topic: New payment processors?  (Read 5544 times)

Offline Prevail

• A7X.
  • VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
New payment processors?
« on: June 01, 2013, 05:27:06 AM »
Is it possible for you guys to get another payment processor besides Paypal? As for me, it is a severe pain to make payments with it.

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: New payment processors?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 06:11:19 AM »
We'll probably implement a new payment processing system if you tell us what exact one do you want to see, as long as it meets some technical requirements and as long as Alaskan Thunderfuck has nothing against having another account for stuff.

Offline Prevail

• A7X.
  • VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 11:22:53 PM »
We'll probably implement a new payment processing system if you tell us what exact one do you want to see, as long as it meets some technical requirements and as long as Alaskan Thunderfuck has nothing against having another account for stuff.

Google Checkout?

Offline TOMASAS

• da best xd
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 06:45:31 AM »
I fully support Google Checkout and pretty much any Bitcoin payment system.
Stop assuming things.

bitcoin: 1Fq4EFYLwvktC3uKM6d6qu8irSwepqigAX

Offline Prevail

• A7X.
  • VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2013, 11:50:00 AM »
I fully support Google Checkout and pretty much any Bitcoin payment system.

I had to get my friend to buy me VIP because of Paypal issues, told him I'd get him something for $30.00. If Google Checkout was added, I'd gladly upgrade to Gold.

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2013, 12:36:12 PM »
I'll do Google Wallet (Google Checkout has been deprecated recently and will no longer work.) however Bitcoin will never happen.

EDIT: Few updates for any developers that care:

We log all transactions for our personal use that go through catalyst-gaming.net so we can keep analytic data so we know what we're doing right or wrong, paypal makes this very easy by providing all data about a transaction through the IPN service. Google Wallet, however, is a stuck up little cunt and gives you only a transaction ID and no more information about the transaction, meaning we can't log anything about it.

Of course Google Wallet will work and I still might make it so, however introducing it to our system will make our statistics useless and we won't be able to provide much support for your if your transaction fails. Google has fallen into the pit of making everything "user friendly" by sacrificing the developer's needs, this is a trend that needs to stop.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 07:34:55 PM by Somone77 »

Offline Prevail

• A7X.
  • VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2013, 01:44:52 AM »
I'll do Google Wallet (Google Checkout has been deprecated recently and will no longer work.) however Bitcoin will never happen.

EDIT: Few updates for any developers that care:

We log all transactions for our personal use that go through catalyst-gaming.net so we can keep analytic data so we know what we're doing right or wrong, paypal makes this very easy by providing all data about a transaction through the IPN service. Google Wallet, however, is a stuck up little cunt and gives you only a transaction ID and no more information about the transaction, meaning we can't log anything about it.

Of course Google Wallet will work and I still might make it so, however introducing it to our system will make our statistics useless and we won't be able to provide much support for your if your transaction fails. Google has fallen into the pit of making everything "user friendly" by sacrificing the developer's needs, this is a trend that needs to stop.

I'm pretty sure Google Wallet will still work, I'm 80% sure I've used it successfully before for purchases. I'll be looking forward to the implementing of GW.

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2013, 05:29:13 PM »
Update:
Google wallet will not be happening. We don't agree with their service terms and their API is lacking functionality. Perhaps some day in the future Google will make it better, but as it stands, Paypal seems to be the only decent service in this area of e-commerce.

If you are unable to use paypal, send Alaskan Thunderfuck a PM to discuss with him possibilities for alternate forms of payment directly. We'll work with you as much as we can.

Offline Prevail

• A7X.
  • VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2013, 05:18:53 AM »
Update:
Google wallet will not be happening. We don't agree with their service terms and their API is lacking functionality. Perhaps some day in the future Google will make it better, but as it stands, Paypal seems to be the only decent service in this area of e-commerce.

If you are unable to use paypal, send Alaskan Thunderfuck a PM to discuss with him possibilities for alternate forms of payment directly. We'll work with you as much as we can.

Alright, understandable. I'll send him a PM shortly.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal