Author Topic: Server Suggestion: Underdone  (Read 10318 times)

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Server Suggestion: Underdone
« on: March 09, 2013, 05:18:32 PM »
I'd like to suggest we put up an Underdone server. It's basically a third person RPG where you kill non-player monsters for loot and experience and you level up and get quests and can play with friends and it's really fun, it was great to waste a couple hours on every day back in Orange Cosmos.

I know Waffle said to me he'd rather put up new servers with original gamemodes, but I don't see many Underdone servers and frankly it can't hurt taking down TTT (which I know is still a server, just never online) and replacing it with this, it's way more fun IMO and I'd happily sit on it all day and try populate it

whatdoyouthink?? (aka pls post your reason for voting it'd be nice, if the community wants it, to show the owners rather than jsut votes)

https://github.com/Odic-Force/underdone
http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=94051
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 05:26:37 PM by Smt »

Offline S?cojnr

• #1 CHAV
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Server Suggestion: Underdone
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 05:27:12 PM »
I like this gamemode played it a long time ago and loved it. Would be great to start playing it again.

Offline OwenCobs

• #1 Muslim
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 05:29:00 PM »
This gamemode was pretty amazing back in the day and when you think about it there are no living servers atm (probably outdated)

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 08:46:17 AM »
I would love to see Underdone be put up. TTT will never get populated since there are thousands of servers with it already. I'd be more than happy to get on Underdone for an hour or two each day.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 08:52:37 AM »
I've tested the script and so far pretty much everything works, everything saves and the game mode its self is fine, only issue I found was that the "learn how to cook" quest wasn't working for some reason~

Offline vizioN

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 03:21:08 PM »
Underdone is a lot of fun to play. We should definitely get one and remove TTT or something that isn't very populated.

Offline S?cojnr

• #1 CHAV
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2013, 03:27:30 PM »
I agree that it would be best to remove TTT for this.

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2013, 03:39:40 PM »
We don't need to remove servers to put another one up so please stop suggesting we do so. We do not have a limit on how many servers we can have up.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2013, 03:41:27 PM »
We don't need to remove servers to put another one up so please stop suggesting we do so. We do not have a limit on how many servers we can have up.

I know that, but I was more suggesting that there's no reason no to put it up, cause people would complain "oh we have enough empty servers" but it doesn't matter, but other people dont seem to know that

Offline S?cojnr

• #1 CHAV
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2013, 03:42:38 PM »

Well if that is the case then whatever :P

Offline vizioN

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2013, 03:53:23 PM »

Then let's add it to the collection! :D

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2013, 07:06:59 PM »
Underdone is fun for about 3 hours until you get on that certain level where all you can do is grind, grind and grind.

Quests are all the same, because there simply isn't anything else to do. It is either: kill X, or obtain Y. And that over and over and over again until you reach that level where you can kill the strongest boss, and then the only reason why you should continue to play is to brag about how high your level is compared to other guys.

Kinda boring IMO.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2013, 07:18:24 PM »
Underdone is fun for about 3 hours until you get on that certain level where all you can do is grind, grind and grind.

Quests are all the same, because there simply isn't anything else to do. It is either: kill X, or obtain Y. And that over and over and over again until you reach that level where you can kill the strongest boss, and then the only reason why you should continue to play is to brag about how high your level is compared to other guys.

Kinda boring IMO.

I don't think you've seen the latest version, you can try it in singleplayer, there's a lot more stuff to do and leveling is slower and more spread out.

Either way with the underdone development kit, adding new items and armor is REALLY easy and quests are almost as easy, but we don't even need to do that, it HAS changed since we all played it at OC

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2013, 10:08:33 PM »
I would love this, Plus seeing how we have two very good mappers(plus I'm going to start up again) I say it'd be easy to keep this going.
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2013, 02:18:26 PM »
I don't know why people complain about servers only being populated for a short time. Doesn't really matter if it gives our members something fun to do and can bring in entirely new members. Pretty sure me and Rofl would like an underdone server, not too sure about Tomasas or any of the lua devs. I can't say it'll be too soon if we do throw one up, maybe if you guys really want it done now we'll look into it a bit sooner but no promises.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal