Author Topic: How are we doing so far? (Questionnaire)  (Read 2803 times)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
How are we doing so far? (Questionnaire)
« on: February 01, 2013, 07:59:21 PM »
What's your guy's opinion on outlands right now? Think its good, bad, ok. Fill this out and let us know so we can make it better (if it's not already fine)

Code: [Select]
[i]When you first log in, what makes you want to join outlands in the first place?[/i]

[i]What do you do for fun on outlands?[/i]

[i]Is Ineu_Pass too hardware reliant for your current system? (too laggy)[/i]

[i]What would you like to see more of on outlands?[/i]

[i]What do you want to do on outlands?[/i]

[i]Is there anything about outlands that makes you not want to join or play it?[/i]

[i]What do you think should be done with Overwatch to improve RP?[/i]

[i]Extra comments.[/i]

Offline hogs

• [LOOC] Shane West: cash first.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: How are we doing so far? (Questionnaire)
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 09:10:33 PM »
these are cute

When you first log in, what makes you want to join outlands in the first place?
because a friend is playing and i have nothing better to do

What do you do for fun on outlands?
bitch at people in looc

Is Ineu_Pass too hardware reliant for your current system? (too laggy)
it's laggy as fuck fps wise

What would you like to see more of on outlands?
more danger/less whiteknights

What do you want to do on outlands?
roleplay without getting shot at with asspulled weapons

Is there anything about outlands that makes you not want to join or play it?
whiteknights and circlejerkers

What do you think should be done with Overwatch to improve RP?
i would like to see overwatch attack the town regularly to induce fear roleplay among people

Extra comments.
outlands is pretty gay most of the time when it's populated

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 09:24:14 PM »
When you first log in, what makes you want to join outlands in the first place? I play on outlands when I get the urge to become wrapped up in some great interpersonal roleplay with interesting characters in a relatively open environment.

What do you do for fun on outlands? Lately, I've been creating rather brutish characters who commit crimes. They are generally unpleasant ICly, but I try to make the OOC experience fun and different for other players and myself.

Is Ineu_Pass too hardware reliant for your current system? (too laggy) It runs slower than most maps, but it's still definitely playable. I'd estimate a framerate of around 35-45 outdoors.

What would you like to see more of on outlands? Dangerous / threatening situations or gameplay mechanics which emphasize outdoor survival skills.

What do you want to do on outlands? Eventually, I want to create a gang - one with a rather loose code of ethics, if any at all. We would mug isolated travelers, set up phony toll checkpoints on roads, vandalize property, and so on.

Is there anything about outlands that makes you not want to join or play it? Currently, it seems like the town is the only location where people congregate, because that's where all the roleplay happens, because people congregate there, because that's where all the roleplay happens. It's a Catch-22 that needs to be broken somehow.

What do you think should be done with Overwatch to improve RP? The threat of Combine forces needs to be ever-present, always hanging overhead. I think one way to convey that feeling on the server would be to do occasional events where Combine forces are seen and heard, but not necessarily encountered. For example, gunship squadrons zoom overhead in formation, or a column of striders can be seen moving through the forest nearby, or a dropship swoops down at some indeterminate location, gunshots are heard, and presently the dropship takes off again. The point is to create the impression that the Combine are always moving, always active, always operating even if not in the immediate area at that time. On the server, we should feel like we're living and surviving in just a tiny patch of the world, and although this isn't readily apparent, there are many hints that big things are constantly going on just outside of our view.

Extra comments. nope

EDIT: The summer version of the map looks better than the winter version. If we could get a switch, that'd be great...
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 10:47:55 PM by YankeeSamurai »
o7

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 10:22:13 PM »
The population being quite obviously higher than city. Plus I don't entirely hate the people that play there as most of them are above decent.

Vort rp, Vort rp aaaaaand...Vort rp. Other than that I do some OTA shit when I get the chance or I muck around on one of my citizens, like Fire Heart and be a trouble maker.

No, but the snow textures are fucking killer on the eyes. Way too bright, no offense.

More of an Anarchy going on. I'm not talking like everywhere you turn there should be someone trying to kill you but a bit more PvP between refugees rather than just against OTA. Recently the new Antlion attempts have been pretty sweet, however.

Have intense, emotion evoking Roleplay that would thus have me captivated and on the edge of my seat.

People who walk around as mini armories and the occasional ridiculous character idea or stunt. Other than that, not much.

I don't see much wrong with it to begin with. People complain about OTA being too OP so idk. It's not like OTA ever get PK so I don't see the big deal with letting your OTA character get killed every now and then. But with me being in PHANTOM I make it a point never to get into hairy situations in order to avoid this. The weekly raid limit is lifted so people are starting to get what they want with the more action part. So nothing really. I mean, it'd be nice to have FALCON/STORM back in there with helicopters but I have already confirmed this to not be happening. Plus people would prolly get butt hurt about this.

Extra comments.
Maybe on the change to Ineu_Valley from Ineu_Pass in addition to the rising toxicity levels we can have a massive event where all OTA units get on and do a huge skirmish and go about to clear out the pass for good and have a limited time to do to escape the harmful environment. Citizens have to escape OverWatch and get away in time to escape the environment. So all in all it's like double the danger and it can make people shut up a little bit about the 'more danger' for at least a little bit.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 10:27:45 PM by Sexy Frog »

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 01:04:28 AM »
OTA call

OTA stuff

As far as I know, don't think so

More inclusive RP for people without weapons

Make a character that can RP without a weapon

The fact that you really can't RP on the outlands without a weapon

Allow OTA more humanity and refugees more Fear RP

Extra comments.

Offline Zail

• Weird Gurl Nr.1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 05:13:56 AM »
To make outlands a bit more dangerous, using an antlion character to spit acid at people. Sometimes making a few hives, with supplies near for people to find. Doing combat rp, P2L'ing though hoping to do a bit injuries for civilians to Medic RP. (Worked for now, thanks for Tekel'Palem, Dave Modern and Paul Haynes.)

Secondly; Adminging.

Interact with people, either on my civilian, a-social character pissing other people's char off IC or spitting acid on them as an antlion worker.

Nope. I run the map completely fine, without any problems.

As already stated, a bit more dangerous enviroment. Does not have to be headcrabs, antlions and whatnot, yet antlions would be a basic common enemy in the outlands. Considering they're spread around the entire earth and have huge hives under the earth.

Attempt to create a bit fear rp, combat rp, medical rp. Or else, interact with other civilians with my civilian chars.
Secondly, adminge for people who needs me.

Low population sometimes, due to my timezone.

Something I'm trying to force onto OTA players. More /me'ing when moving around, as I'm tired of the total OOC communication bullshit and no /me'ing when moving around. I'd rather have IC radio chatter, /me's for moving around to take cover. Possible camo, not the invisible bullshit, but more likely material camo's. There is some slightly white materials, which can be used to camo, yet it's still not able to keep you 100% invisible.

Extra comments.
Hi.

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 09:10:43 PM »
Well, I just like the feel and general concept of it a bit more than the City. I like the general openness and, ability to do a wider variety of things and create a wider variety of characters without having the CCA and their loyalist brigade constantly on your back.   

Chat with people, scavenge, MedRP, cooking, upkeeping my equipment

Nope.

I think I'd like to see more of a supply circulation, in a sense. There's usually a lack of ammunition, not to mention realisitc food products, IC medical supplies, and other assorted items. Maybe make it a bit easier to obtain some of those things (and not specifically ammunition).

Develop my characters within thei respective groups, kinda getting a little piece of every 'path' in a sense.
Oh, and I wanna do MedRP, cookRP, repairRP, build stuff, etc. Those are always really fun.

Not really. Sometimes, when OTA rolls around, it get's a bit stale when we're merely sitting around, waiting for someOOC dispute to end or OTA to decide if they're going to actually do something or not. But even then, it doesn't really make me want to leave or not join. Just makes me find something low key to do.

Well, I thnk more planning in regards to specific patrols/raids should be in order. And not just IC planning, but OOCly planning as well. Units should be prepared for OOC situations that may come up, not simply allowing it to develop into a shitstorm. Because those are literally awful to go through

Extra comments.
Hello

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal