Author Topic: Keybinds  (Read 6407 times)

Offline [HZ]-R wetdogsmells

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Keybinds
« on: December 31, 2012, 12:46:21 PM »
Help. I used f1-f4 on a TTT server so I lost all the keys you use. How can I rebind em.

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Keybinds
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 11:51:10 PM »
When you start up Gmod, click 'options' and goto 'keyboard'.

Offline turhral=S=C=

• FAHKING
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 11:39:06 AM »
Unless you want to add a custom keybind, such as the ttt_enable_disguise, use what Renegade said. If you do want to bind custom keybinds, then you need the console for that.
We shall bring HL2RP back.
We must.

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 06:41:47 PM »
Yes, custom keys like, press a button and it makes you say "stop right there!" in chat. You'd have to goto console and type in

bind (key) say "Stop right there!"

And things of that nature.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 05:23:41 AM »
Wrong example. A bind only accepts 1 string, which means the correct format for such a bind would've been:
bind (key) "say Stop right there!"

Anyways, I don't know out of my head what the F1-4 binds are default to, but they should be something like menu_context or whatever. If you are unsure, ask someone in-game to simply type: "bind F1" (So without anything after it) and it will print in console what that key is bound to, so he can tell you and you can set it it right using console.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline turhral=S=C=

• FAHKING
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 07:33:32 AM »
Wrong example. A bind only accepts 1 string, which means the correct format for such a bind would've been:
bind (key) "say Stop right there!"

Anyways, I don't know out of my head what the F1-4 binds are default to, but they should be something like menu_context or whatever. If you are unsure, ask someone in-game to simply type: "bind F1" (So without anything after it) and it will print in console what that key is bound to, so he can tell you and you can set it it right using console.

Found the use of the F1-F4.
F1: Show Help
F2: Team Menu
F3: Spare 1
F4: Spare 2
We shall bring HL2RP back.
We must.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal