Author Topic: S2M Rule Clarification  (Read 26183 times)

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: S2M Rule Clarification
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2011, 11:11:34 PM »
The RP never went bad. You're biased into thinking it was because you lost.

The RP did go bad, for reasons that I stated already. You neither roleplayed critical moments in the fight nor allowed players to react to you.
And I thought you were going to wait for an admin to resolve this?
o7

Offline lemonshit

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2011, 11:31:25 PM »
How about you guys decide among yourself. The administrators are not your Mommy and Daddy. You are grown people, decide it yourself. I don't care if it involves flipping a coin over a webcam just stop flooding the forums with it.

Offline JoshB

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2011, 11:33:29 PM »
The administrators are exactly what a mommy and daddy are. They solve disputes.
[CG-SA]Toy4x4funrun: When guns are involved RP = basicly void
lolwut?

Offline Arkaeth

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2011, 11:43:37 PM »
I roleplayed everything I should've and more, and I allowed for plenty of reaction, which shouldn't even be in dispute given that they fought back.
"In ancient times, men built wonders, laid claim to the stars and sought to better themselves for the good of all. But we are much wiser now."

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2011, 11:47:48 PM »
Unless you're authorized to S2K, its 100% miss when shooting S2M.

Offline Arkaeth

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2011, 11:49:06 PM »
Unless you're authorized to S2K, its 100% miss when shooting S2M.

Then both sides broke the rule. We were hit as well.
"In ancient times, men built wonders, laid claim to the stars and sought to better themselves for the good of all. But we are much wiser now."

Offline JoshB

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2011, 11:54:35 PM »
1. I never shot. That is an issue with Operator.
2. There are some accidental hits, these are voided.
lolwut?

Offline ??. McBullet

• The African Oldfag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2011, 11:55:28 PM »
S2M is a RolePlay technique designed to draw out the length of firefights to make the shootout more enjoyable for both parties involved. Honestly, we could all just immediately shoot someone in the head and end the gunfight as we control weapons using a mouse. IRL, shooting a weapon is difficult for the inexperienced. Hitting 100 percent of your shots as.. let's say... a RcT.....that would be very unlikely and very unrealistic. However, S2M applies to various levels of IC experience differently. A citizen should not be able to hit any of his or her shots from a distance. Hell, a citizen shouldn't even own a gun. A Resistance character might be able to pull off more of his or her shots, but should not be dead-on accurate. A Recruit is only slightly better than a citizen. Should not be hitting more than 10 percent of shots.... And as the ranks increase, so does the accuracy. I'll just make a list of what I believe should be a reasonable amount of shots hit.

S2M is 100 percent miss, but here are my recommended levels of S2K to S2M to use. The percentage is of number of shots hit divided by the number missed. A KING will not miss most if ANY shots.
Point-Blank to Close Range/Medium Range/Far Range

Rebel: 80%/30%/5%
Citizen: 70%/20%/0%
Recruit: 80%/25%/>5%
04: 90%/30%/10%
03: 90%/40%/15-20%
02: 95%/50%/30%
01: 100%/60%/40%
OfC: 100%/65%/50%
DvL: 100%/75%/65%
CmD: 100%/90%/75%
SeC: 100%/100%/85%
COTA-OWR: 100%/90%/75%
COTA-OWS: 100%/95%/85%
COTA-KING: 100%/100%/95-100%

Ignore my table. It's already starting to cause confusion.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 12:02:20 AM by Burning Bullet »

Offline JoshB

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2011, 11:59:31 PM »
A point he will no doubt make is that he fired 50 shots. The problem is (Otis sounding lol) that about 10 shots were made when I was out of cover both times. 1/10=10% and 3/10=30%. Very big increases.

Post mending powers activate: And I think the table is not very legitimate. I think S2K should be 100% S2M, as you stated it was. I think that people ranking higher on that scale should be able to add +x to their roll depending on their rank in that chart.

Just edit your post- Bullet

Forgot this isn't facepunch-Josh
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 12:06:49 AM by CIS.JoshB ?jonnysnotparis? »
lolwut?

Offline ??. McBullet

• The African Oldfag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2011, 12:04:54 AM »
Yeah. Well, I guess my table was already causing confusion. Should have worded it clearly.

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2011, 12:06:18 AM »
I think the table overcomplicates things far too much.
In my opinion, the most important part of Bullet's post was this:

"S2M is a RolePlay technique designed to draw out the length of firefights to make the shootout more enjoyable for both parties involved. Honestly, we could all just immediately shoot someone in the head and end the gunfight as we control weapons using a mouse."

Anyway, it seems like the debate on s2m has been adequately resolved. Now, the players involved need to decide if they will redo the fight, and from which point in time.

And I know I've said this already but as a reminder:
Remember, you're not in your old communities anymore. Rules differ from server to server, and in Catalyst Gaming firefights are roleplayed slower than the norm.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 12:15:37 AM by YankeeSamurai »
o7

Offline [FPSN]Bokslag

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2011, 12:19:40 AM »
This, is a very long thread for one night. I have no clue what ANY of you are talking about, except S2M. Also, I agree, yankee should be an admin.
C45.CCA.APEX-01.725 says "<:: It's not a skirt."
C45.CCA.APEX-01.725 says "<:: It's a dress."

Offline JoshB

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2011, 12:34:04 AM »
I suggest redoing the RP from the point where we kill Fudo. I warn Hyperion and Dav not to mingerun away again. That was a point that has not been brought up. Had they followed the rules, we would have held them at gunpoint and told them to drop their weapons. And Fudo can be there RPing his death. But if you try to whirl around and shoot us before you die I will come unglued on you.
A quick solution would be to void that entire event, but it would lead to metagaming, since we would obviously attempt to kill you again. Please cast your votes on which one to do.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 12:36:07 AM by CIS.JoshB ?jonnysnotparis? »
lolwut?

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2011, 12:41:44 AM »
I'm leaning towards voiding the entire fight. It's almost impossible not to metagame now. Toy and Fudo, for example. They'll have eyes in the back of their heads, conciously or unconciously.
o7

Offline Arkaeth

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2011, 12:43:05 AM »
I suggest redoing the RP from the point where we kill Fudo. I warn Hyperion and Dav not to mingerun away again. That was a point that has not been brought up. Had they followed the rules, we would have held them at gunpoint and told them to drop their weapons. And Fudo can be there RPing his death. But if you try to whirl around and shoot us before you die I will come unglued on you.
A quick solution would be to void that entire event, but it would lead to metagaming, since we would obviously attempt to kill you again. Please cast your votes on which one to do.

Wow, just no.

We heard shotgun shots, I looked in to see what was going on, and saw you guys shoot Fudo, so I ran like fuck.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal