Author Topic: Half Life 2: The Movie  (Read 4913 times)

Offline PixelDuh

• View Profile
    • Awards
Half Life 2: The Movie
« on: April 10, 2012, 09:37:03 PM »
Alright. I know what you are thinking. Actually no I don't. The point is, is there any Mod/plugin/ or ANY type of recording support for Half Life2? Maybe something similar to the Team Fortress 2 Replay Editor (This would be EXTREMELY helpful for making it)? And plus I would have to have a quality Gordon Freeman Model. I already have the OneManShow's Gordon Freeman Models, but they're kinda a joke. First of all, he has an Afro. Secondly, his face is too wide and short. Thirdly, his skin is REALLY smooth. if someone can do a remodel/reskin of Onemanshow's models with a more cannon sort, I would be appreciated.
All I would probably need is the HEV Mk4 Model and the Civvies model. If ANYONE can figure ANY of this out, I would be very much appreciated. And ONE other thing, How do I make the player model in place of Gordon when recording? I tried it in Gmod, but the monitors are all messed up.
Thanks...
For gaming videos, such as Minecraft, Half Life, Black Mesa, and Spore, go to http://www.youtube.com/user/PixelDuh?feature=mhee

Offline Delta1116732

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Half Life 2: The Movie
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 09:45:53 PM »
If you where to make an HL2 movie try to make it not all based on Gordon Freeman. Being that almost every youtube movie out there is following Gordon Freeman. I find a lot of viewers like me find it better if it's your average Joe in the HL2 Canon. This would also help for your Gordon Freeman problem. If this is made in real life using outfits, and such that would be pretty cool. Make sure to find closed or far spaced areas. Such as a loading dock/field/muddy terrain, and all that. In game to answer your question on "type of recording support for Half Life2?" Use "Garry's Mod" using the camera tool, and weapon. If you are looking for a recording software I would suggest bandicam or fraps. I use bandicam because I find fraps lags my game when recording.  If you are looking for a video editing software I'd suggest Sony Vegas Movie Studio. It's quite good, and I wouldn't suggest using Windows live movie maker if that's what you plan.

Out of Character for OOC:
Colombo Beniamino: i'm honestly contemplating joining NOVA even though i don't like medical RP because it actually has active DvL

Offline PixelDuh

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 09:53:07 PM »
Thank you so much for your support, but on the contrary almost ALL videos with Gordon Freeman in it is a Youtube Poop or a "Let's Play".
And plus a lot of videos on Youtube are NOT with Gordon, but with the resistance, like what the Purchase Brothers did.
Also, I suggested the TF2 Recording device thing because it removes the GUI, and I want it to be like in the actual eyes of Gordon IF NOT a cinematic version. I saw people use NPC cameras for Resistance short films, but that's not really what i'm looking for.

*EDIT*: and, Unless there's some way to freeze time in the game, noclip out of the train car and place a camera that tracks the train, watching it pull into the station (that's a plan of mine, seems pretty good if I Don't do it all in first person) I will be dissapointed.
Also, I have this Idea where I basically want to get a model of Gordon and replace his head with a pivotable camera or something... basically, I want a controllable character that can see his body parts (like how when you look down on City you can see your legs) and I don't want a sucky viewmodel gun, but a model-arms-holding-ammopickup-model-gun type thing.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 09:58:44 PM by mbehiry »
For gaming videos, such as Minecraft, Half Life, Black Mesa, and Spore, go to http://www.youtube.com/user/PixelDuh?feature=mhee

Offline PixelDuh

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 10:50:12 PM »
This is kinda what I'm imagining, but in Half Life 2. Is there ANY downloadable mods or plugins like this for HL2 or Gmod? I REALLY hope so, as this will help me severely.

Offline PixelDuh

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 11:26:42 PM »
Alright, I think i need some console command help. All I know that can currently help me are as follows. * means definite use.

buddha - I can take damage (doesnt look like hacks) and can pick up medkits
god - i can't take damage whatsoever and people will think i'm hacking.
*sv_cheats - turns cheats on
*cl_drawhud 0 - hides hud
sv_infinite_aux_power 1 - gives infinite power for sprinting, etc.
*cl_ragdoll_collide 1 - more realistic dead people, clips with environment
give_item_battery - 15 points of suit
*violence_hgibs 1- humans gib when hurt enough
*violence_agibs 1- aliens gib when hurt enough
*sk_plr_num_shotgun_pellets 40 - gives 40 pellets when shooting the shotgun instead of 4 (its more realistic)
*sk_plr_dmg_buckshot 1 - reduces damage done by each pellet (so it's not overkill)
r_screenoverlay effects/combine_binocoverlay.vmt - see as a combine. not sure how I might use this... may make a security camera or something... i don't know.
bind T "impulse 200" - put your weapon away. bind to "T" and i could use it when climbing ladders or something... maybe like how gordon does it in freeman's mind... :D

Just basically give me any console commands I could use in Half Life 2 to be able to make an epic movie. also any console commands for freezing time so I can do something quickly behind the scenes for the movie?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 05:54:24 PM by mbehiry »

Offline PixelDuh

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 06:04:05 PM »
Alright, i'm gunna save up some money for Bandicam, as many people say its WAY better than FRAPS.
Also, I want everyone's opinion here for which game I should use and what perspective it should be in

Garry's Mod (1st/3rd)
Half Life 2 (Vanilla, 1st)
Half Life 2 (FakeFactory's HD cinematic mod, 1st)
Half Life 2 Deathmatch (using Gordon models and loading the maps into the game, 1st/3rd)

Please reply soon or I will have to greatly consider eating you. Or just start a new post with basically the same information.

Offline Xeno

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 06:24:39 PM »
All gmod. Nothing else.
Like. A. boss.

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 06:35:16 PM »
 There is a program out there called 3DS Max in which you can animate models (such as Gordan Freeman, Resistance, Alyx Vance, etc) instead of using ragdolls in Garrys Mod. This is a proper way to implement these animations and models in Garrysmod, therefore afterwards you can record these and you are done. Also, you should go ahead for Sony Vegas Pro in which you can set shit together to make a video.

Hope this helps. Ask me for more information.

Offline PixelDuh

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2012, 09:13:52 PM »
My plan is to make a movie using Vanilla game-play, not some crazy over-the top "Idiots of Gmod-esque" video, but an actual full length movie of Gordon's first person adventures in la la land (City 17.) All I need is some recording thingy to work with and someone's opinion of wether I should make it in FF's HD Cinematic mod or just vanilla SD. I'm going towards vanilla, since I want it to be Gordon's Canonical adventures, with some hacks here and there. I might also start making them AFTER Black Mesa comes out, because THAT will be an awesome start.

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2012, 10:28:26 PM »
My plan is to make a movie using Vanilla game-play, not some crazy over-the top "Idiots of Gmod-esque" video, but an actual full length movie of Gordon's first person adventures in la la land (City 17.) All I need is some recording thingy to work with and someone's opinion of wether I should make it in FF's HD Cinematic mod or just vanilla SD. I'm going towards vanilla, since I want it to be Gordon's Canonical adventures, with some hacks here and there. I might also start making them AFTER Black Mesa comes out, because THAT will be an awesome start.

Black Mesa: Source was currently cancelled.

Offline EmperorDisasster

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2012, 01:43:47 PM »

Black Mesa: Source was currently cancelled.

...No it's not, the devs just ain't making any major announcements, we just have to be patient.
im bach

Offline PixelDuh

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2012, 10:24:06 AM »
Yeah, I think I'm just gunna wait until Black Mesa: Source comes out. I have a feeling it will be a side-by-side release with Episode 3  :P

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal